The goal of the 14th annual Design On A Dime fundraising event by Housing Works is to raise money to provide healthcare, battle homelessness, and much more to those living with HIV and AIDS in New York. Every year, designers come together to create amazing shoppable vignettes for ticket buyers to buy donated merchandise at discounted prices towards these fundraising efforts. How is this possible? Through the generous donations of vendors.
The concept of my vignette was Soulful Vibes, a space that I wanted to feel good emotionally, mentally, and spiritually using luxe fabrics, mixed metals, organic elements, and of course great art. For more details, you can read more in the Design On A Dime blog post here.
Highlights of what we did:
- Utilize unique, highly saturated art prints from a local artist that were custom framed.
- Inserted a plum-colored, tufted, rounded arm, velvet sofa to give a feeling of comfort and luxuriousness.
- Added a deep, leather armchair with a hand-carved wood frame for comfort and style.
- Chose organic elements such as an oversized coffee table, a jute area rug, and a small reclaimed redwood coffee table that was used as a bar.
- Dark purple walls to give the room a sense of moodiness and calm.
- Antique chartreuse green parlor chairs that were hand-beaded.